~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Saturday 27 June 2009

NEW PAIN DRUGS INTRODUCED

On 22 June 2009, DEA Drug Enforcement Agency approval was received in the United States for a new pain drug called Tapentadol. The brand name is Nucynta. (noo-SIN-tah)
The new pain drug was especially approved for fibro and peripheral neuropathy because it affects opiate centers of brain and also noepinephrine in brain.
Another new drug  that is the same as Tapentadol but a different brand is called Levorphanol (Levo-Dromoran).
     It is because of the development of these 2 drugs that drugs such as vicodin, oxycontin, etc. are being considered to be taken off the market, because these control pain just as well but do not make a person high, especially a person who is not experiencing pain. They also have fewer side  affects. These are the first new pain medicines to be developed for  severe pain in 25+ years, since Tramadol (Ultram). It is considered to have a potency between morphine and tramadol (ultram).
      Its dual mode of action provides analgesia at similar levels of more potent narcotic analgesics such as hydrocodone, oxycodone and morphine with more tolerable side affects.
     So those of you who were worried about the other medicines being taken off the market, I don't think that will happen, but God always will help you find an alternative if something is taken away, and here is the new alternative. Trust your Heavenly Father who loves you. Hopefully soon we will all be healed or resurrected and not need to think about these things.
Blessings, Sheila

4 comments:

Praise the Lord that a new, stronger and safer pain reliever was developed. This will be a boon to millions of pain sufferers worldwide. I still pray for your complete healing and deliverance. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

Dear Sheila, I love your blogs and will come at a later time to really look them over. I read the first one here about the new drugs out and we are going to check into that.

I love your country corner blog with the recipes and will be copying some soon.

I love recipes,sewing, reading christian fiction novels and learn how to quilt in the Fall in Florida.

Thank you for letting me come on here from time to time. I really enjoy myself when I visit your sites. Keep up the good and blessed work God created you to do and be. Love, Cammie

Mel, thanks, I also pray for your healing!

Cammie, thanks for the encouragement, I'm glad you like my blog, but I don't have a country corner blog with recipes. Maybe that is another blog that I have listed as one I enjoy visiting. My other 2 blogs are listed at the top right corner of my blog. One is called "Old Fashioned Girl with Modern Spunk" and the other is "Profound quotes and silly jokes."
I have felt so invisible in the support group, except for you, and I thank you for caring enough to take time and energy to write to me. Lately I have thought "If I can't say anything good, I won't say anything at all" so I have not updated anyone about how bad things really are right now. It drains me to even think of them, much less write them all down and view them as they really are. I just hush up and pray for strength and wisdom.
blessings,
Sheila

This is great news for those of us who work in the health field,and are very frustrated with the pain medicine options! Thanks for sharing it with us--will be looking for the release of these meds.
Hope all is working out for you, that is, that your life is filled with joy amidst the pain, and you have some moments of peace...

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"