~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Saturday 4 April 2009

Which Hymn is YOURS?





(Apologies that I can't embed the youtube videos here, after my daughter showing me how step by step, they will not embed here for some reason, so I can only supply the links for you to see them at youtube.com. When I tried to paste the embed codes, they showed up on the blog only as code, not as the video.)


There are a few hymns that have gone through my mind and heart again and again since I discovered my faith, at about 12 years old. This song has been the "soundtrack" of my life, my prayer to the Lord. This is the essence of who I am in every cell of my body and spirit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MnqpTv9yW4

Then in my young adult years when this song was written, it too became my goal in life, and who I wanted to become: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X23r4ATlUA


Here are the words to "Because I Have Been Given Much"
Because I have been given much, I too must give.
Because of thy great bounty, Lord each day I live.
I shall divide my gifts from thee with every brother that I see,
who has the need of help from me.
Because I have been sheltered, fed by thy good care
I cannot see another's lack and I not share-my glowing fire,
my loaf of bread-my roof's safe shelter over head,
that he too may be comforted.
Because I have been blessed by thy great love dear Lord,
I'll share thy love again according to thy word. I shall give love to those in need. I'll show that love by word and deed, thus shall my thanks be thanks indeed.
Then when my first husband of 20 years left me, and I had to leave my children in the USA as I fled home to Canada rather than being homeless in the USA, this song has carried me through.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HYKvrhtEdc
Do any of you have a hymn like that? One that is the "soundtrack" of your life? A spiritual song that comes back to you again and again throughout the years?

Blessings,

2 comments:

I love this hym ♥ just sang it to my nephew(:

HitTheRoadJack7 Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Which of the hymns are you referring to? Do I know you by another name on another site?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"