~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Friday 6 March 2009

I Was Robbed!

I have good news and bad news.

good news- I get to buy new luggage (which I really can't afford right now). bad news- I have to buy it because my storage unit was robbed.
i am so tired!!!

One kind man who reads my blog (Joseph Pulikotil )
wrote about me in his own blog and said how strong I was or something of that sort, well I am certainly not strong tonight. I am worn out and crying like a baby little child who is so tired there is nothing else they can do but to cry to release the frustration and hopefully cry themselves to sleep.

I was too sick to go see Mom today, and I knew I had to save my strength to get into my stuck storage unit door this afternoon with someone who offered to help me fix the door and the lock. My storage unit is just an old garage behind a house that is rented to various people. There was a lot of construction material blocking the door because they were fixing up the interior of the house, and then the key was not working right in the lock, and the door was frozen shut. So this gentleman that lives in the house in front of the garage helped me because the landlord is as sick as I am, or maybe worse. He cleared away the construction material, as I was using my walker with a seat and had to sit by that time, he got a metal pointy thing and chipped away the ice, and then we found out why the lock didn't work. Someone had broken into my storage unit and stolen anything that could be sold.

My luggage on wheels; everything that I stored in my luggage for traveling; every item I had bought over the years for when my husband gets home and we have our own kitchen and our own apartment; all my dishes and pots and pans and appliances; all the items I collected over the years that had lemons on them because I love lemons; all my seasonal clothes....all gone.
My first thought was that I remembered this old country song sung by a guy with a really twangy nasal voice who sings "I'm so lonesome I could die"....and I thought "I'm so tired I could die" to the tune of the music. Then I thought "This must be how babies/toddlers must feel when they are so tired that they are just disagreeable and don't want to do anything but cry. I am so tired I just need to cry to release all the tension of the last few weeks. So I did, for a few minutes. It does help some. I guess crying is the "tension release valve." Then I started shaking all over like I was cold, but I wasn't cold. Just stored up stress I guess.

This storage unit could not be insured (I found out only after I had moved everything into it and could not afford to move it to somewhere more expensive.)
So I won't get insurance money for it.

The only good thing I can see coming from that is that if Mom does pass away, the thief made room for me to put more of my things in there as I leave this house into a smaller place. I was planning on sorting out a lot of stuff in there, but I wanted to be the one to
choose which items stayed and which items went.

The person who was helping me open the door said he thought the tenant of the back half of the house did it, because he also destroyed the inside of the house, and was evicted, and probably decided to take as much as he could because he was kicked out.

Well, I'll deal with finding new luggage for the court trip another day. I'm going to bed. It's only 7:30 and I am wiped out.




DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME


FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO USE DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME, REMEMBER TO TURN YOUR CLOCK FORWARD SATURDAY NIGHT. FOR SOME REASON THEY ARE DOING IT 5 WEEKS EARLY LAST YEAR AND THIS YEAR.





Blessings,

6 comments:

Sheila dear--you ARE incredibly strong, whatever you say--crying is a good thing when you need to release tension...and I love the way you always see silver linings in the clouds!
And it's amazing that in the middle of it all, you can still write so beautifully about all your trials...get some well-deserved rest, sleep well, and my prayers are with you!

Hi Sheila:)

I am grateful for making a special reference to my name and calling me kind.

It looks as though you are being tested as much as possible. You will remember the story of JOB in the Bible who was tested by Satan to the extreme and yet he clung on to GOD without any complaint. First, all his children died, then he lost all his property, then he was afflicted with terrible diseases and then his friends came and made fun of him. Yet his faith in GOD was unshakeable. Finally GOD restored every thing to HIM manifold.

In any case the thief who caused you so much suffering and grief is not going to prosper and he will be caught one day and punished. Have you registered a police complaint? If not, please do so immediately.

I admire you for your strength, courage and trust in GOD.

My prayers and best wishes for all these problems to come to an end without delay:)

My prayers also are with you, Shiela. I'm so sorry that this happened. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog, and for the email. I'll write back as soon as I can.

Hello BlueBirdy,
I am here from Oregon, by way of India. Somewhere down the line I happened across Joseph's blog and we have shared comments ever since. He has the kind of Christian heart that draws and encourages and I'm always encourage, like you, by his kind words. I hope you will be encouraged to know there is one more friend out there praying for you. At 62 I have seen more of affliction than I would, but just now it works in me to sympathize with you. I search my mind for some word that would lift you today and hopefully this quote by Izaak Walton will be a small cordial of refreshment for you.
"Affliction is a divine diet which though it be not pleasing to mankind, yet Almighty God hath often imposed it as a good, though bitter, physic, to those children whose souls are dearest to him."

So, dearest to the Master, I will pray for you and your family and hope you have a greater sense of His presence with each day.
God bless you BlueBirdy,
may your song increase,
Fred

you are a strong lady!!!
you seems to face problems so likely!!!
it may be such a great talent you gained and god gives from such wired days!!!
hope you come out of it soon ...
you will always remain significant in my prayers :)

Thankyou all, I am truly blessed with internet friends who are close to the Lord, and let the Lord work through them. I would not survive long without Him sending me friends such as you.
Fred, I am so glad to have you as a new friend. Your words are much appreciated and like a gift. I hope you will all be blessed many times over for how you have blessed me.
Blessings,
Sheila

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"