~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Thursday 23 June 2011

THE WHEELCHAIR FIASCO



Today I have to lift a wheelchair in and out of the car 6 times and push Mom around, when I have had to use a walker with a seat for many years. I have been shaking with weakness most days this month. I'm sure praying to get through that. One minute at a time I guess. I just dread passing out when I'm out in public, because then I'll be in the hospital and Mom will be left helpless. The Dr. raised my pain medicine to 3x normal + some other pain meds in between the regular dosage, so my lupus is the worst it has ever been since my Dad died. I need to forget my medical care and just help Mom, it seems.

This will be Mom's first time using a wheelchair ever. She should have been crippled twice. She had polio, but was cured, then both legs were run over by a heavy gravel truck, which just crushed them, but again she was healed, miraculously. Crush injuries just do not heal like that naturally. That healing kept her on her feet almost until age 80, and she might get strong enough to get out of a wheelchair soon, if I can get her to eat to regain her strength! I sure needed the housekeeper for this today.Well here I go to pretend I'm superwoman! lol.

Blessings, Sheila

3 comments:

My goodness, Sheila, your Mom sounds amazing with all she has lived through and overcome! I am sure you will do the same. You have not failed yet--so why should you now? Remember love is with you, and that never fails.

Hi Sheila, It's Suzie, from Life With Lupus, I just wanted to say that you are a truly amazing strong woman! Your Mom is so lucky to have you as her daughter & caretaker, I really don't know how you do it? Being as sick as you are yourself, it is all inner strength found at the right time, it is given to us in time of need, I do believe that! I really wish there was a magic wand and that I could take all of this hurt & pain for both your Mom & yourself away, you are way too young, and this has to get better for you both soon! All I can say is you are always in my thoughts & prayers for a miraculous improvement for you both! Miracles, as you said, with your mom in the past do occur, so have faith! She seems to be one strong woman and I do think that the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree, ;)... Thinking of you & I will check back tomm. Have a peaceful & relaxing night my friend, Please Stay Strong & try to keep your head held high! You can make it through all of this, I have faith in you! {{HUGS}} & Blssings, Suzie :0)

Hi Suzie. You are so kind. I feel very weak because I complain a lot, which is a type of a cry for help or support, because I feel so alone physically in all this. I know I am being carried some, because if I used only my own strebgth, I'd be a zombie. I complain because I don't handle all of this well at all.Last night needed to go to the hospital again for pain and heart trouble. I am pushing myself past my limits every hour, then by 4 PM I a crash, not able to move or get either of us something to eat or drink. I take some meds and then by 9 or 10 I can help with a drink or soft food for Mom, and something light for myself. I just roll in pain when I crash, and I pray continually all day. It just feels like SAtan trying to counteract everyone's prayers by creating another crisis every hour. Things that never happened before are hitting us all at once. Adds greatly to the hardship. I AM thankful for all my blessings, but without strength to meet your needs each hour, all the luxury on earth is worthless.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"