~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Sunday 21 October 2007

A BIT ABOUT LOVE


TO MY HUSBAND
Sweetie
I want to share with you something this man who wrote this book who went through the WW2 holocaust says about love.

"It just occurred to me that I didn't know where my wife was. In fact, I didn't even know if she was alive or dead! I knew only one thing--which I have learned well by now: Love goes very far beyond just loving the physical body of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in his spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not one is present, whether or not he is still alive at all, doesn't seem important. During all the years of prison life, I could not find out if she was alive, but at that time, it didn't seem to matter. I still loved her. I knew that. I was still alive because I could love. There was no need to know if she was alive or not because nothing could touch the strength of my love, my thoughts, my image of my beloved. Love goes past death into the eternity.
For hours as I stood hitting the icy ground with my shovel, my thoughts would be with her. I would ask her a question or tell her something in my mind, and I would imagine what she would reply to me. More and more I felt like she was present, that she was with me; I had the feeling that I was able to touch her, able to stretch out my hand and touch hers.
The feeling was very strong: she was there. "
-Viktor Frankl "Man's search for meaning
~~~~~~~~~~~


Honey...that's how it is when I think of you sometimes. You are in my mind every second, as if you are here. I wonder what you would say or do every moment as I go through my day. SO OFTEN I smile, knowing what joy it would be to show you so many new things you never saw or experienced, and also I get afraid sometimes, knowing that I can't do all the things you will need...but I am learning slowly, and have to remind myself, that we can't plan those moments. We just live life as it comes, we deal with it when it happens. Sweetie, the same way that man felt his wife's hand, when I hug my "hubby pillow", I AM laying my head on your chest. When we are talking about intimate things, I DO feel you there. You are real to me. No one could ever understand how a person could be so close to someone they never met, but I have met you, I have been with you in every way, and felt you. When people go through such intense feelings and situations as you and I have had to bear, we realize that we love more than just the physical person. We love their spirit, and that lasts through time, and space, and separation, and death. I love you deeper than most people on earth have ever experienced.
Love, Wifey

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"