~~HELPFUL HINTS ! IF ANY PRINT IS TOO SMALL TO READ, HOLD DOWN "CTRL" KEY WHILE SCROLLING THE SCROLL BUTTON ON YOUR MOUSE.~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

AT THE BOTTOM OF PAGE, CLICK "OLDER POSTS" TO SEE MORE~~

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Friday 21 March 2008

ENJOY THE FALL

ENJOY THE FALL  (c) Sheila Wall  

 (please use my name when passing on)

Well, you did it. You just jumped off the plane for the first time, but not onto solid ground, into thin air! You quickly assess the situation and think, "Now I can panic, or I can savor the experience. Wow. Up here, I feel no pressure, I feel no pain. I can do flips and somersaults that I couldn't do before. I can fly! I can see my town with a different perspective. I don't worry about hitting the ground, because I know my parachute will hold me."

Many years later you find yourself on solid ground, where everything seems heavier and harder. You feel that you are falling in life. After a long series of small stresses, the one catastrophe that you thought you could never bear just occurred. The weight pushes you to your knees in tears, then in prayer, and you hear a soft, quiet voice whisper to your heart, "Well, you did it. You just jumped off the ledge of security for the first time. Now you can panic or you can savor the experience. Down on your knees I can take the load from you. You will be able to do things you couldn't do before, with my strength. You can see things with a different perspective, through my eyes. Don't you worry about hitting the ground. I will be your parachute. I will carry you to safety. Enjoy the fall." Falling doesn't always mean destruction.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home

TO SEE MORE POSTS, CLICK ABOVE ON THE WORDS "OLDER POSTS"